captcha

Discuss everything related to JavaScript Auto Form Validator. Questions and requests here.

Moderator: alexandrleonenko

jqwerty

captcha

Postby jqwerty » Feb 11th, '11, 00:16

Anyway of incorporating a CAPTCHA with JS AFV?

administrator
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: captcha

Postby administrator » Feb 13th, '11, 09:44

Hm.. Captcha works with code, running on server and JS AFV runs on client side.
Try to download any free captcha and implement.

jqwerty

Postby jqwerty » Feb 15th, '11, 13:43

Honestly, I'm not sure how I could. As it is I'm using formMail to process the form (collect data, send email to us, store data in a text file) so the form tag is:

<form name="theForm" action="http://www.xxxxx.com/formMail/wfp_core.php" method="post">

and I'm using JSAFV to validate the data on the form, so the submit button looks like this:

<input id="submit_button" onclick="return jsFormValidator.onSubmitCheck(document.forms['theForm'], true, false, '.');" type="submit" value="Submit" name="butRegister">

I came to JSAFV to look for an easy solution, which it is for validating the form data. But beyond that it doesn't do anything else. If JSAFV had integrated emailing (with ability to format the email), storing information to a file and CAPTCHA then this wouldn't be an issue because all of the code would be contained within the form.scripts.js file. Problem is, my website isn't overly complicated and using other software isn't necessary at this point. The formMail software I use does validate fields but not in the manner we want, we like the way JSAFV does it (press submit and it displays the error rather than going to another page, etc.)

administrator
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby administrator » Feb 16th, '11, 10:19

Again, JSAFV is client-side script.
It cannot send email, or run any code on server-side.

Why do you need captcha validation? Generally, it used to prevent auto-submissions (by bots or other software)
So.. why do YOU need this?
The limitation of JavaScript language allows you to run code only on client side (no PHP, no other programming languages)
This is the reason why it cannot generate images for captcha.

Take a look here - antispam :
http://www.codeproject.com/KB/scripting ... tcha.aspx#

Return to “JS Auto Form Validator”