Talk about implementation of multirow operations

Moderators: ne_moj, zewa

mposse
Junior
Junior

After search, lost checkbox value

Postby mposse » May 9th, '11, 21:57

Hi Admin
I have a custom multirow operation configured.
When I select multiple lines and submit the custom operation, I receive the _rid variable with all ids, but if I perform a filtering search on the list before selecting the checkboxes and submitting the operation, the _rid variable is empty.
I looked at the code and all checkboxes loose their value after the search(value=' ').
Any ideas?

administrator
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: After search, lost checkbox value

Postby administrator » May 10th, '11, 09:54

Yes, check box selection don't saved between any operations like: paging, sorting, filtering etc.

mposse
Junior
Junior

Postby mposse » May 10th, '11, 20:16

I don't need to select the checkboxes and then do the search, but the other way around.

I have a list of invoices that belong to different clients. I need to filter the grid by client and then select a number of invoices from that client to pass the info to another page that gets the payment for these invoices.
After I filter the list to show the invoices for a given client, none of the checkboxes has the value set (which should be the invoice ID).

Worst now, I upgraded to version 6.7.5 and none of the icons for multirow operations (either standard or custom) show up. Only the "spacer.gif".
What is the deal?

administrator
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby administrator » May 11th, '11, 07:48

1. Did you perform full re-installation of datagrid?
2. Try to clean cache in your browser.
3. We need to see your page in work to understand what happens

mposse
Junior
Junior

Postby mposse » May 13th, '11, 02:23

I had no time to "debugg" the thing and rewrote the page to not use multi row operations, but this is obviously something that should be fixed.
I went back to 6.4.

The problem seems to be very simple.
If you have a grid with multirow operations enabled and you search (filter) the grid, the checkboxes on the list loose their IDs.
I have made sure the first field on the query is the incremental id from the table and followed all recomendations I found posted on the forum.
I guess the next is for you to see it working as you say.
How do we arrange for it to happen?

Let me know

Thanks for your help
Martin

lambro
Master
Master

Postby lambro » May 13th, '11, 07:07

Hi mposse, I have a question : did you use something like '*' or '.*' in your sql statement ? Because the symptoms you describe look a lot like those described here or in this thread.
Hope it helps. Good luck !

Return to “Settings: multirow operations”