Adding More Form Fields and Emailing Submitted Date

Discuss everything related to integration of ApPHP Calendar with your site. Also any questions related to modification of this component should be posted to this forum.

Moderators: ne_moj, zewa, vadimako, ne_moj, zewa, vadimako

jaimeschu

Adding More Form Fields and Emailing Submitted Date

Postby jaimeschu » Oct 7th, '10, 15:45

Hi All,
I had been in search of a good calendar application that would allow me to insert my own customizations. I stumbled upon Advanced Power of PHP's Calendar and it is the perfect solution. I ran into an issue, and the support team contacted me almost instantly, but they were correct when I should have posted in a forum. It's only fair to share my problem and solution, should another developer out there seek the same assistance. So the problems I faced included:

1. Adding fields. The solution was to edit the file events_add_form.tpl.
2. Email the submitted event dates along with the added form field data. Solution: Added the php email script to calendar.class.php in the HandleEventsOperations function -> $event_action.

I want to thank the support team and developers in this project and I hope that this post is useful for another developer out there.

Thank you. :D

camilo.martinez

Re: Adding More Form Fields and Emailing Submitted Date

Postby camilo.martinez » Jul 24th, '13, 16:51

Hi yall,

I have an error adding new fields on the query that save the new field on the template.

The problem ocurs when I put a select field, I tried with a regular input and works fine, but the select does not work. The value of the field is getting blank, null.

Any clues what seems to be the problem?

administrator
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Adding More Form Fields and Emailing Submitted Date

Postby administrator » Jul 25th, '13, 06:46

First of all turn on debug mode and check what exactly you receive from form submission and then what you put into your INSERT SQL.

Return to “ApPHP Calendar {site integration/modifications}”