Responsive / multiple device viewing

Discuss everything related to Business Directory. All versions. Any questions related to the Business Directory developing or using should be posted to this forum.

Moderator: alexandrleonenko

bxy1
Senior
Senior

Responsive / multiple device viewing

Postby bxy1 » Jul 26th, '12, 20:03

Just wondering if you are going to update, or at least have suggestions about redesigning the template to be responsive to the device that is viewing the site? For a business directory, most visitors (now-a-day) are visiting from mobile phones, iPods and androids and it would be nice to be able to have the directory be responsive to these people.

administrator
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Responsive / multiple device viewing

Postby administrator » Jul 29th, '12, 10:14

Currently it's looking good on any iPad, Samsung devices etc...
To make it works on mobile phones you have to create a special design, so the site will detect it and will run other template.

We don't work on this today, but we've added your suggestion to our TODO list.
Thanks.

bxy1
Senior
Senior

Postby bxy1 » Aug 3rd, '12, 00:02

I find that interesting that you currently find it looking good on any iPad, Samsung devices, eyc, as my desktop system has two monitors, one 1024x768 and the other 1920x1080. The larger one everything looks great, but the smaller one, I have to scroll to see the entire width of all the pages. As far as my phone, a pantech, yes the entire width is shown, but in order to really see the screen good I have to expand (zoom) and then I have to scroll back and forth.

Was wondering if you had any place available, to save me time in creating my own template. For instance, your image in x-light I cannot find where the image name is located. The width of all the pages are set and not easily changed.

Your business directory is pretty good, and the only complaint I have is the lack of ease to make changes to the layout that seem to be hardcoded.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

administrator
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby administrator » Aug 5th, '12, 07:37

All styles classes, image names may be found in templates/{your template}/x-light/css/style.css

You may also develop your own style:
viewtopic.php?f=36&t=144

asawyer13
Senior
Senior

Postby asawyer13 » Jan 17th, '14, 23:55

Any updates as to whether you will be able to create a Responsive site for the Business Directory?

I agree that it is becoming more important, so please try to do this.

Thanks

administrator
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby administrator » Jan 19th, '14, 09:51

We're planning to add more paid templates, but you may simply take any complete HTML/CSS responsive design and implement it to this script.

Return to “ApPHP Business Directory / uBusinessDirectory Talk {developers/users}”