Create Category Settings for the admin only

Discuss everything related to Business Directory. All versions. Any questions related to the Business Directory developing or using should be posted to this forum.

Moderator: alexandrleonenko

bobbdb

Create Category Settings for the admin only

Postby bobbdb » Jan 8th, '14, 18:59

Is there a way to create a category but not have it listed in the drop down category for the public to see when they create a new listing.

I would like to create a category but only the admin can add a listing to it so that I can control this specific category.
If the category shows up in the category dropdown when a customer creates a new listing I do not want to have to approve it or not because it is more work for me and will just cause problems with the customer. Just would rather the category not show up in the first place.

administrator
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Create Category Settings for the admin only

Postby administrator » Jan 9th, '14, 07:38

Unfortunately such feature doesn't exists now. All categories have public access, but regarding the approving - you may to define whether it will be automatically or manually by admin.

Go to Listings Management » Settings » Listings Settings: Listings Pre-Moderation set FALSE.

Return to “ApPHP Business Directory / uBusinessDirectory Talk {developers/users}”