Adding support for ical

Discuss everything related to Medical Appointment. All versions. Any questions related to the Medical Appointment developing or using should be posted to this forum.

Moderators: alexandrleonenko, Milton

virag0

Adding support for ical

Postby virag0 » Jul 5th, '14, 03:35

Hi there,
I am supporting phpma for a client and have it running beautifully. I am making customisations as I go
to suit our needs. One thing that is requested however is support for ical messages. We would like to
make appointments online then send these to an ical server perhaps on OSX to distribute to reception etc
as required. I know there are methods to create ical protocols from withon mysql via php but do not know
how I would add these to phpma. What would be the right entry points in the code? There has to be some
logic to create the ical message after the appointment is locked in. If I could not do this myself,
could it be added as a feature in the next version?

Likewise, I need to add a checkbox or selector for someone making their initial consultation, which is 45 minutes
as opposed to 15 minutes. Where in the code should I add this, also can I override a setting like that so it locks
in a 45 minute block rather than 15 minutes for that purpose?

Thanks for a great platform that is very helpful and practical.

rachel

administrator
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Adding support for ical

Postby administrator » Jul 6th, '14, 05:53

Hi!

Yes you may implement iCal protocol to appointments.
If you have the API of it and want to integrate it - go to include/classes/appointments.class.php
see method DoAppointment()

We'll add such feature to the next version TODO list.

Return to “ApPHP Medical Appointment / uDoctorAppointment Talk {developers/users}”