database connection error

Discuss everything related to ApPHP MVC Framework. All versions. Any questions related to the Framework developing or using should be posted to this forum.

Moderators: ne_moj, alexmst, zewa, vadimako, ne_moj, alexmst, zewa, vadimako

gjohncock

database connection error

Postby gjohncock » Oct 31st, '13, 21:13

Hi,

Trying to run the BLOG and CMS options in test but I am getting a database connection error. I cannot find any reference to what is required from the database point of view to correct this. Can you please point out where I find the installation instructions for the database part of the framework?

I enabled "debug" by editing the index.php pages for the associated tests but this doesnt seem to provide me with any more information.

Regards

Greg J

administrator
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: database connection error

Postby administrator » Nov 2nd, '13, 19:21

What connection error you get?
Did you installed the demo scripts?

administrator
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby administrator » Nov 2nd, '13, 19:21

What connection error you get?
Did you install the demo scripts?

gjohncock

Postby gjohncock » Nov 4th, '13, 19:47

yes everything is installed as per instructions, which is really just copying them into the site. The I just ran through the tests

I couldnt find anything relating to setting up a database in the installation instructions which is clearly what needs to happen.

I have since installed a couple of the demo's and this has fixed the error, nothing in the tests section say that demo's need to be done for the tests to work tho.

I installed the login system demo but it does not accept my userid/password (nor does it accept admin/test which is displayed on the screen). The userid/password combination I created in the setup is exactly the same for the CMS demo and this demo works fine. I checked the database after setup of the login system and no tables had been created, but I didnt have an error when I ran the test for the login system before.

So, the original issue has been resolved as I needed to install the demo's for the tests to work - would be worthwhile noting this requirement in the tests section, or update the database error to say that you need to install the demos first.

The new issue is the login system doesnt work with the userid/password combination I entered during setup, nor with the advertised admin/test combination.

any ideas on how to fix this would be appreciated.

Regards

Greg J

administrator
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby administrator » Nov 5th, '13, 00:44

First of all try to re-install the demos. To do this simply remove all files from protected/config/ directory and try to run the script again - you will see the setup page. Try to use simple username and password.

Does it help now?
If not, please contact us via PM to provide access to your site, so we could check this issue online.

charlesbabage

Postby charlesbabage » Apr 14th, '15, 11:01

Very interesting the new issue is the login system doesn't work with the use rid/password combination I entered during setup, nor with the advertised admin/test combination.so what can we do

administrator
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby administrator » Apr 17th, '15, 04:30

Explain please in more detail, what exactly does it mean?

Return to “ApPHP MVC Framework {developers/users}”