To move existing project from localhost to remote server you have to perform following:
(take in account the procedure is the same for moving from one existing server to another)
1. Using your hosting Control Panel, phpMyAdmin or another tool, create your database and user, and assign that user to the database.
Write down the name of the database, username, and password for the site installation procedure.
2. Create database backup (IMPORT SQL dump) from your localhost site for (usually we use phpMyAdmin or another tool).
3. EXPORT your sql dump to the new database on web.
4. Upload all files from your localhost location to the web (including base.inc.php file).
5. Make changes in include/base.inc.php file if needed (in the case you database username, password etc. differ from the values used on localhost)
Talk and info about common issues
1 post • Page 1 of 1